Maybelline New York has adopted this Privacy Statement in order to inform you of its policies with respect to information collected from this website. Your use of this website constitutes your acceptance of this Privacy Statement and your consent to the practices it describes.
Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information is any information that concerns you individually and would permit someone to contact you, for example, your name, address, telephone/fax number, social security number, email address or any information you submitted to Maybelline.com that identifies you individually.
Maybelline.com will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it. Therefore, if you do not want Maybelline.com to obtain any personally identifiable information about you, do not submit it.
You can visit and browse the Maybelline New York website without revealing personally identifiable information about yourself. You may also choose to disclose personally identifiable information about yourself, which may be maintained as described below. Maybelline.com may collect personally identifiable information about you from its website by methods such as the following:
- Registration Forms - If you are offered the opportunity to enter a promotion, to become a registered user of the Maybelline New York website, or to opt-in to receive Maybelline New York information through another site, you must apply by filling out the registration form on the site. This form requires certain personally identifiable information that may include, without limitation, your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, areas of interest, product usage, and/or a unique individual password.
- Transactions and Activity - If you become a registered user or if you conduct transactions through the Maybelline New York website, Maybelline.com collects information about the transactions you engage in while on the website and your other activity on the site. This information may include, without limitation, areas of the website that you visit, transaction type, content that you view, download or submit, transaction amount, payment, shipping and billing information as well as the nature, quantity and price of the goods or services you exchange and the individuals or entities with whom you communicate or transact business.
- Email and other voluntary communications - You may also choose to communicate with Maybelline.com through email, via our website, by telephone, in writing, or though other means. We collect the information in these communications, and such information may be personally identifiable.
Maybelline.com may use the personally identifiable information collected through its website primarily for such purposes as:
- Helping to establish and verify the identity of users;
- Opening, maintaining, administering and servicing users' accounts or memberships;
- Processing, servicing or enforcing transactions and sending related communications;
- Providing services and support to users;
- Improving the website, including tailoring it to users' preferences;
- Providing users with product or service updates, promotional notices and offers, and other information about Maybelline and its affiliates;
- Responding to your questions inquiries, comments and instructions;
- Maintaining the security and integrity of its systems;
- Maybelline.com uses the anonymous browsing information collected automatically by its servers primarily to help it administer and improve its website. Maybelline.com may also use aggregated anonymous information to provide information about its website to advertisers, potential business partners and other unaffiliated entities. Again, this information is not personally identifiable;
Disclosure of Information
Maybelline.com does not provide personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties for their use in marketing directly to you. Maybelline New York may use unaffiliated companies to help it maintain and operate its website or for other reasons related to the operation of its business, and those companies may receive your personally identifiable information for that purpose. Maybelline New York may also disclose personally identifiable information about you in connection with legal requirements, such as in response to an authorized subpoena, governmental request or investigation, or as otherwise permitted by law. Finally, as Maybelline New York's business develops, it may sell or buy corporate assets, and in such transactions customer information may be one of the transferred business assets. If Maybelline New York, its internet businesses, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired, customer information may be one of the assets transferred.
This website is directed toward and designed for use by persons aged 13 or older. Maybelline.com will not approve applications of, or establish or maintain accounts or memberships for, any child whom Maybelline.com knows to be under the age of 13. Maybelline.com does not solicit or knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If Maybelline.com nevertheless discovers that it has received personally identifiable information from an individual who indicates that he or she is, or whom Maybelline New York otherwise has reason to believe is, under the age of 13, Maybelline.com will delete such information from its systems. Additionally, a child's parent or legal guardian may request that the child's information be corrected or deleted from Maybelline.com's files. Please click here to send your request.
"Cookies" and Advertisers
The Maybelline New York website's server, or the servers of companies that are used to operate this site, may place a "cookie" on your computer in order to allow you to use the website and to personalize your experience.
A "cookie" is a small piece of data that can be sent by a web server to your computer, which then may be stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Cookies allow Maybelline.com to recognize your computer while you are on its website and help customize your online experience and make it more convenient for you. Cookies are also useful in allowing more efficient log-in for users, tracking transaction histories and preserving information between sessions. The information collected from cookies may also be used to improve the functionality of the website.
Most web browser applications (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator) have features that can notify you when you receive a cookie or prevent cookies from being sent. If you disable cookies, however, you may not be able to use certain personalized functions of this website.
Maybelline.com maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help guard personally identifiable information. If transactions are offered on the site, transaction information is transmitted to and from Maybelline.com in encrypted form using industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) connections to help protect such information from interception. Maybelline.com restricts authorized access to your personal information to those persons who have a legitimate purpose to know that information to provide products or services to you and those persons you have authorized to have access to such information. Please be aware, however, that any email or other transmission you send through the internet cannot be completely protected against unauthorized interception.
In order to provide service to you, Maybelline.com will send you communications related to your transactions, security or the administration of its website. From time to time, Maybelline.com and its affiliates may also wish to send you other messages or updates about Maybelline.com, its affiliates, or their promotions and other activities. If you do not wish to receive non-transaction/security related communications from Maybelline.com and its affiliates, please click here to send your request.
Maybelline.com allows you to change, update, or delete the information you may provide in your optional registration form. If you would like to change, update, or delete your personal information, please click here to send your request.
Maybelline.com reserves the right to modify or supplement this policy at any time. If a material change to the terms of this policy is made, Maybelline.com will post a notice on its homepage and a link to the new policy.
By submitting any content to Maybelline, you represent and warrant that.
- you are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto;
- all "moral rights" that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
- all content that you post is accurate;
- you are at least 13 years old;
You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
- that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- that infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- that includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers;
- that contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
You agree to indemnify and hold Maybelline (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers, including but not limited to Bazaarvoice, Inc.), harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
For any content that you submit, you grant Maybelline a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you.
By submitting your email address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that Maybelline and its third party service providers may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
User Generated Content
By transmitting user submissions to or through Maybelline.com or the Maybelline New York social channels, you represent and warrant that:
you are the sole author and owner of intellectual property rights thereto;
the user submission is accurate;
any statements or product reviews are based on your honest beliefs, opinions, experiences and actual use of the product reviewed;
you have not made any false, misleading, or unsupported statements or included any inappropriate advertising statements about the product you are reviewing or about any third parties’ products;
you have disclosed if you have any material connection to the brand for example, if you are an agent, received free product samples or other incentives;
all “moral rights” that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you, even if your user submissions is altered or changed and used in a manner you find objectionable;
you are at least thirteen (13) years of age;
the user submission does not infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
you have permission and releases from any individuals shown in your video
the user submission does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
the user submission is not, or may not reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
that you were not compensated nor granted any consideration by any third party by transmitting your user submission;
that the user submission does not include any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers;
that the user submission does not contain any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files;
that the user submission is not obscene or in any other manner unlawful;
Maybelline New York’s use or exploitation of the user submission shall not create an obligation for Maybelline New York to compensate any person or entity; and
if the user submission incorporates any intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or rights of personality, you specifically represent and warrant that you have the right to grant Maybelline New York the right to use such user submissions in accordance with the terms hereof.
You agree to indemnify and hold Maybelline New York, its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint venture, employees and third-party service providers, harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
By providing user submissions to or through this site, you grant to Maybelline New York a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully-sublicensable, right to make, use, copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, publicly perform, publicly display, distribute, market, import, offer to sell and sell those user submissions, and your likeness, voice, name and other identifying information where part of a user submission, in any and all form or media now known or developed in the future, including, without limitation, for marketing products.
It is understood that once on the Internet your user submission may be shared with third parties, Maybelline New York has no control over the user submissions and Maybelline New York shall not be liable for any manipulation of the user submissions by third parties.
Maybelline New York reserves the right to refuse or remove a user submission without notice to you. You acknowledge that Maybelline New York does not maintain an obligation to monitor user submissions, and you agree that none of the content that you submit shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of Maybelline, its agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners or third party service providers and their respective directors, officers and employees.
If you have questions about this privacy statement, the information practices of Maybelline.com or your dealings with Maybelline.com, please contact:
Maybelline New York
P.O. Box 1010
Clark, NJ 07066