Maybelline Back to Glam Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD.
1. PROMOTION: The Maybelline Back to Glam Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) starts on July 17, 2020 at 10:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) and ends on July 24, 2020 at 11:59 PM EDT (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (excluding Puerto Rico) and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Anyone under the age of majority in their state, (eighteen (18) in most states, nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska, and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi) at the time of entry must also have the consent of one of his or her parents or legal guardian, and a parent or other legal guardian must agree to the enforceability of these official rules. Void where prohibited. Employees (and their immediate families (parent, child, spouse or sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related) of Maybelline (“Sponsor”), Public Desire, The M Jewelers, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter or win. By participating entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and/or Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, 1) visit Instagram on your desktop or mobile device, and follow @maybelline @publicdesire @themjewelers (“Handle”) if you do not do so already; 2) on @maybelline find the post related to the Sweepstakes and Like the post; 3) in Comment, tag three (3) friends and submit with #MaybellineSweepstakes, (collectively, “Entry”). Bonus Entry: to receive one (1) Bonus Entry add the Sweepstakes post to your Instagram Story, tag @maybelline @publicdesire @themjewelers and use #MaybellineSweepstakes (“Bonus Entry”). All online entries must be received by 11:59 PM EDT on July 24, 2020 to be eligible. Tagging is optional and will not increase your chance of winning. If you tag, you must include a disclosure that it is a “Sweepstakes Entry.” Limit one (1) entry per person, per Instagram account for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple entries received from any person or Instagram account after the first entry received from that person or Instagram account will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or means which subvert the entry process will be void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the entry, any and all necessary releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the entry by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in the entry.
4. REQUIREMENTS OF ENTRIES: Any photo, video or comment submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes: (i) must be original work of entrant; (ii) must be truthful and accurate; (iii) may not include any exaggerated product claims or criticisms of third party products; (iv) may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, unlawful or plagiarized, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; (v) must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; (vi) may not violate or encourage others to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (vii) may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or any other third party rights; (viii) may not contain commercial or corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, and slogans, other than those relating to Sponsor; and (ix) if found to be in violation of these rules will be disqualified and therefore removed from the Sweepstakes.
5. PERMISSION: By submitting a Sweepstakes entry, entrant hereby grants permission for the Sweepstakes entry to be posted on Sponsor’s, Public Desire, The M Jewelers and their affiliates, branded websites and social platform. Entrant agrees that Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Sweepstakes entries by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Sweepstakes entry. Entrants agree that they will not use the entry for any other purpose, including, without limitation, posting the Sweepstakes entry to any online social networks, without the express consent of Sponsor in each instance.
6. DRAWING: One (1) potential winners will be selected in a random drawing held on or about July 27, 2020 from all eligible entries received by Sponsor. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified on or about July 27, 2020 via Instagram. If user has enabled direct messaging on their Instagram account, potential winner will be notified via direct message on their Instagram account from Sponsor. If potential winner does not have direct messaging enabled, the potential winner will receive prize notification via a comment on their submitted Instagram photo/post from Sponsor. Potential winner may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, publicity release within seven (7) days of date of issuance. If such documents are not returned within the specified time period, a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner, potential winner does not respond to Sponsor’s communication with 48 hours from time of contact for any reason, or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion up to three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. If a potential winner is an eligible minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein.
8. PRIZES: One (1) potential winner will receive a selection of Maybelline product, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is $150.00 and a $200.00 gift card to The M Jewelers and a $150.00 gift card to Public Desire. Total ARV of all prizes: $500.00. Product selection determined by Sponsor. Gift card is subject to terms and conditions by issuer. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right not to award all prizes, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, garbled, illegible or postage-due mail, entries or email; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the sweepstakes or website or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Should any portion of the sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winners from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Entrants, by participating, agree that Sponsor, Public Desire, The M Jewelers and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this sweepstakes. Each winner, by acceptance of prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and its designees to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, participant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Promotion), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. WINNER’S LIST: For the names of the winner (available after July 29, 2020), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Maybelline Back to Glam Sweepstakes Winner, c/o Maybelline, 10 Hudson Yards, New York NY 10001 for receipt no later than January 29, 2020.
13. SPONSOR: Maybelline, 10 Hudson Yards, NY NY 10001