Sign in or sign up to save your recommendations.
Welcome back to Maybelline Express
Join Maybelline Express now, the program created just for you.
Welcome to Maybelline Express
Your recommended products have been saved. You can come back and view your results anytime.
Good mental health is defined as a state of wellbeing in which every individual realizes his or her own potential, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to her or his community. (Source: The World Health Organization).
Mental health conditions affect everyone irrespective of age or background. Mental health issues can appear as a result of experiences in our lives and can come about without any easily identifiable cause. The two most common types of mental health conditions are anxiety and depression.
Everyone can experience anxiety, but when symptoms are overwhelming and constant — often impacting everyday living — it may be an anxiety disorder. (NAMI)
Depression involves recurrent, severe periods of clear-cut changes in mood, thought processes and motivation lasting for a minimum of two weeks. Changes in thought processes typically include negative thoughts and hopelessness. Depression also affects sleep/energy, appetite or weight. (NAMI)
Anxiety & depression look different on everyone, which makes it hard to diagnose. Each condition has its own set of unique symptoms, that can overlap. Here are the 10 common signs to help identify if you or someone you care about might be living with anxiety or depression.
1. FEELING VERY SAD OR WITHDRAWN FOR MORE THAN TWO WEEKS
2. TRYING TO HARM OR END ONE’S LIFE & OR MAKING PLANS TO DO SO
3. SEVERE, OUT-OF-CONTROL, RISK-TAKING BEHAVIOR THAT CAUSES HARM TO SELF OR OTHERS
4. SUDDEN OVERWHELMING FEAR FOR NO REASON, SOMETIMES WITH A RACING HEART, PHYSICAL DISCOMFORT OR DIFFICULTY BREATHING
5. SIGNIFICANT WEIGHT LOSS OR GAIN
6. SEEING, HEARING OR BELIEVING THINGS THAT AREN’T REAL
7. EXCESSIVE USE OF ALCOHOL OR DRUGS
8. DRASTIC CHANGES IN MOOD , BEHAVIOR, PERSONALITY OR SLEEPING HABITS
9. EXTREME DIFFICULTY CONCENTRATING OR STAYING STILL
10. INTENSE WORRIES OR FEARS THAT GET IN THE WAY OF DAILY ACTIVITIES
Maybelline will never share your information with 3rd parties or post to facebook without permission.